In this episode, we talk to James Goepel about the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). He discusses this important new framework for supply chain security within the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) system, addressing the following:
• Why was the CMMC created?
• Who needs the CMMC?
• How will the CMMC work?
• Will the CMMC spread beyond the DoD?
James is a former member of the Board of Directors for the CMMC Accreditation Body, and is now CEO of Fathom Cyber.
Also, Trend Micro shares details of its Midyear Security Roundup.
Listen on your favorite podcast platform, or here:
Links from the show:
• James Goepel on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-goepel-gc-cto-cyber/
• Trend Micro Midyear Security Roundup: https://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/us/security/research-and-analysis/threat-reports/roundup/securing-the-pandemic-disrupted-workplace-trend-micro-2020-midyear-cybersecurity-report
• SecureWorld VIRTUAL conferences: https://www.secureworldexpo.com/events
The SecureWorld Sessions podcast gives you access to people and ideas that impact your cybersecurity career and help you secure your organization.