The SecureWorld Sessions podcast gives you access to people and ideas that impact your cybersecurity career and help you secure your organization.
In this episode, we're sharing new revelations about how the Equifax data breach happened. From newly unsealed court documents in the US DOJ case, we look at 10 steps Chinese nation-state hackers are accused of taking in the attack. We also interview Graeme Payne who worked for Equifax and was fired after being blamed for human error that led to the breach. What did he learn that can benefit security teams?
Also, new Trend Micro research on the Outlaw Hacking Group.
Listen on your favorite podcast platform, or here:
• Trend Micro "Outlaw Hacking Group" research: https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/outlaw-updates-kit-to-kill-older-miner-versions-targets-more-systems
• 10 Steps Chinese Hackers Allegedly Took in Equifax Breach: https://www.secureworldexpo.com/industry-news/equifax-hacker-indictment-10-fast-facts
• Bruce Schneier podcast Interview: https://www.secureworldexpo.com/resources/bruce-schneier-market-insecurity-podcast
• Graeme Payne, formerly of Equifax: https://www.linkedin.com/in/payneg
• SecureWorld 2020 conference schedule: https://www.secureworldexpo.com/events